Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000 to 97 conversion problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neowynds

Technical User
Sep 25, 2003
US
I have my Security Incident Report database completed, but I have a small problem. I designed this in access 2000. My manager wants it in access 97. The problem is a small one. In the form that the security officer will use to enter in records, there is a combo box to enter the post. When they select a post the address is automatically filled in the address section. This part works in access 2000, but not in after I converted it to 97. In the properties data tab of Address I have...

=[LocationID].Column(2)

I am confused. The LocationID combo-box is based on qryLocations. The query has the LocationID, LocationName, Address fields. Like I said no problems in Access 2000.

Thanks for your time,

Neowynds

Hi

cannot see a reason why that should not work in Access97, what actually happens, is there an error message or what?

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Thanks for the Quick response,

No no error. It is a blank box, almost as if it is not registering the third column in my query the combo box is based off of. If I switch the column number to 1 I get the LocationName. But when I switch it to 2 I dont get the address like I did in 2000.

Its very confusing because it should work.

Thanks for your time,
Neowynds

What do you mean declared?

The combo box row source is a query that contains LocationID,LocationName,and Address. I made sure all three were still in there when I opened the database in 97 because I had run into the problem of not having them all in my query before.

If you mean did I have them all in the query then yes, if you mean something else please explain.

Neowynds

Sorry it took so long to respond Ken I decided to take my first 2 days off in over a month. This was the exact problem.

Thanks again
Neo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back