Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000 to 2002 Marco started prompting replace existing file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allisond

MIS
Mar 28, 2006
US
Hi All,
Looking for help on Access 2002. Have a Macro that worked fine in 2000 but now prompts to overwrite the file. It never did this in 2000 but I've inherited this so I'm playing catch-up. The Macro has Output To set up as follows;

Object Type: Report
Object Name: Print r01replen
Output Format: MS-DOS Text
Output File: \\servername\printer_sharename
Auto Start: NO
Template File: blank

SetWarning "NO" is the first line.

What this is doing is printing Report directly to a network printer. Like I said, it works on Windows 2000 Access 2000. I want the prompt about overwriting an existing file to go away. Any help would be appreciated.

Shot in the dark: make sure the settings on the new Access installation are set to suppress warnings.
Go to Tools|Options|Edit/Find tab and deselect everything in the "Confirm" option group.

I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
-Poe

Sounded promising, here's what I found. The 2000 version has all Confirm boxes on the EDIT/FIND Tab were checked. This is the working version. On the 2002 version these Confirm Boxes were NOT checked. It still asks whether you want to delete, checked them all so the two versions match and still prompts for replacement. It was something new for me to check that I was unaware of so thank you for that part but it hasn't solved the issue. Even thought perhaps I was getting a double negative with the SetWarning "NO" and set it to yes, but that got me a whole new set of warnings I wasn't seeing so I put that back. Yep, he's desparate...Please keep them coming folks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back