Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access 2000 there was an error executing this command

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bulldog007

Technical User
Jan 2, 2008
US
I have a shortcut to an .mde file that several people in my company use. There is a single computer in the company that cannot run the reports. A little back history.

The program is Access 2000. Access 2000 would not open because the system.mdw file was corrupted. I mistakenly assumed an uninstall and reinstall of Office 2000 would fix the issue (Outlook also had issues). It did not. I found a copy of the system.mdw in an i386 folder and copied the file into C:\program files\common files\system and renamed the old file. Access would open now but it will not run the .mde file. I copied the system.mdw file from a known working computer and was still unable to access the .mde file. I updated to SP3 with still no luck, checked the MDAC but it was running XP SP2 so those components were included. I have performed a compact and repair on the database with no luck as well. Access can open the sample databases. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

By the way the error message states "There was an error executing this command." The switchboard tables are no different than other computers on which this works. Also, if not already indicated, I am not all that familiar with Access.

Mods, please close this thread. The issue has since been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back