Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000 - "data access pages"

Status
Not open for further replies.

niqola

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2003
DE
Hi,
in order to use "data access pages" available with Access 2000, apart from the browser, do I need to install IIS or sth else?
thx

No, you dont need any extra installations to get DAP's to work. They use ActiveX objects, so providing all the users have MS-Office instaled they should be fine.

Having said that, it is always best to have a webserver, then you can integrate them properly into an intranet.

Fubear, I have a serious problem and im hoping that you might help me, my database has been converted from an access 97 to 2000 with sp3 and stuff, now, when i try to make a data access page, access dies a horrible death starting the wizard, but when i open northwind.mdb everything is fine, and i can make a half decent page.
having that sed, i'd like to make a pivot table so i can see more data than the single record view. is it possible to acheive both of these tasks?
oh one more thing, excel dies when i use the pivot table wizard aswell. i'd like to make this work for my company's database
thx

Saxman_99

I dont think I can help you with converting from 97 to 2000. I have had many problems with that myself in the past, and its the most annoying thing to deal with because I dont really know what can be done about it.

Try creating a blank database in Access 2000, and importing all the tables/formm/reports/etc into the new databse.

Data access Pages have a very nice pivot table ActiveX object that will allow the user to customise the view of the data on the fly through the web interface, its worth looking into. The only problem I had is that linking with an SQL server backend, there was a 10,000 record limit on the data being displayed, which was useless for me as I am working with approx 40,000 records at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back