Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000 issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

capone67

Programmer
Nov 6, 2000
CA
Hi gang

I am getting the error message below when I try to access an access 2000 database. When the Database was Access 97 it ran fine but as soon as the database was converted to 2000 boom.

Here is the code that I am using

Set MyConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

MyConn.Open"DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:\inetpub\
Where do I start trouble shooting this problem and what is the easiest way to fix this?

Ken

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x4d4 Thread 0x5a0 DBC 0x2af2574 Jet'.
/coupons/template1.asp, line 7

The same connection method shouldn't have problem on Access2000 if Access97 works fine. I use the connection method below and it works fine on both Access97 and Access2000.

Dim oConn, sConnString
Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
sConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & _
"DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("db\coupons.mdb") & ";"
oConn.Open(sConnString)

Regards

When I ran the MDAC download it seemed to extract the files and then nothing. When I ran my ASP code I still received the same eror message.

Next?

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back