Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000 Closes on its own??? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

natemclain

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
Hey guys and gals,

For some reason access closes afer about 30 seconds after I open it. The goofy little paper clip guy rolls off and closes the program and I have checked ever setting in the thing and it still does it.

Nate

Chech the Timer interval[/] property. Put it =0.
Aivars

I have looked for this but I don't see it anywhere. I think I might need to clarify myself. Once I have opened Access 2000 without any database open yet. I can do it both ways. By opening a database and not having one open. Then Access will shutdown. So it isn't part of the Timer Interval I dont think. Where would that be located at anyhow? Because that looks like something in the code. Maybe I just need to uninstall Access and reinstall it and see if that helps. Because I can't even get to work with it working like this.
Thanks for any further help you can give.

Nate

put in the ms office cd and choose 'repair office' instead of re-installing. this should fix any problems.

Thanks that did it.
I forgot all about that feature.
Man the things you forget!!!

Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back