Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000 and 97 on same machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgriffin

Programmer
Jan 18, 2001
US
I have 2000 and 97 on the same machine and am experiencing problems. I have consulted the knowledge base search for help but can't quite get the answer that I need.

If I create a new db using 2000, everytime I try to save, open a report in design view, etc it takes forever!! Also, when I try to open it on another machine, it has the 2000 icon, but gives me error messages that say "...component not found or missing...." or even asks to convert or open.

I checked to see if the 2000 version was using the 97 workgroup information file, but it is pointing to the 2000 one. I do have them installed on different partitions of the machine.

Any suggestions would be great. I am using NT 4 sp6.

Thanks!!

tgriffin

As I understand it, first you have to install Access 97, then Access 2000 in that order with Access 2000 going into a different folder, otherwise it will over write files needed for Access 97. I did it this way (as I was told) and it works fine.

That is how I did it too. That is why I don't understand why I am having so many problems.

Thanks though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back