Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 07 / Office 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFuzzwah

MIS
Mar 28, 2011
US
Hello,

Our desktop staff inserted Windows 7 machines into a formerly XP-only dept. Now the users remaining on XP machines cannot open Access 2003.
An error is returned 'can't find project or library'. The Windows 7 users are fine - just the XP uses in the dept. I see 'MISSING MS Excel 12.0 Object Library' is checked in the references but when I uncheck it the Windows 7 users cannot prin Excel forms called by Access. I don't know what to do to have Access 2003 used by both XP and Windows 7 users.

Thanks!

Hi -

When I unchecked the 'MISSING MS Excel 12.0 Object Library' on the XP machines usrs that were on Windows 7 machines could not open Access. They share one .mdb.

Thanks!

What I need is to have XP, Win 07 users all sharing one Access 2003 .mdb

Thanks!

MrFuzzwah said:
They share one .mdb.
Another good reason why most of us who have been developing in Access for a decade or more always create split applications with everyone having their own front-end file.

Depending on your code, you might be able to use late binding.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

I may have to figure out how to do that but I am convinced it is something that can be resolved in the install process. I say this because I have another dept. that has the same blend of machines and works fine. The code is the same. My problem has to do with the Office is deployed I believe but I'm not sure of what -

Thanks!

Different versions of Office will have different libraries resulting in "MISSING MS Excel 12.0 Object Library".

Again, Depending on your code, you might be able to use late binding.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

The Office version is the same (2003). The Access version is the same (2003). The operating system is diferent (07 / XP).

Thanks!

But MrFuzzwah, your subject line in this thread states "Access 07 / Office 12".

Have you found a common Excel library? Do you have the same version of Excel loaded on every computer?

Have you considered late binding?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back