Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acceptable terminals for Aloha POS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlucchese

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2013
US
I am currently trying to figure out a way to not use the Radient Terminals as provided by our local Aloha support company as they are super pricey and don't work all that well. I was in a restaurant not that long ago that was running Aloha on what seemed like thin clients with touch screen computer monitors.

How possible is this scenario? What do I need to know?

Not sure about what works and doesn't, but I know two of our locations use Win XP workstations with ELO Touchscreens with no problems...

Knectech offers terminals that are solid state, fanless, and comes with 2gb RAM standard with your choice of operating system for a very competitive price. Hardware comes with a 3 year warranty.

Knectech POS

Aloha POS is windows based, so you would need windows based hardware. Also consider the peripherals you need. We have good experience with J2, IBM, Orderman, Micros (indeed) and just normal windows based hardware with ELO's.

As for OS, we currently run on the POSready versions of Windows which works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back