Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accept from date

Status
Not open for further replies.

aygun

Programmer
Jan 15, 2005
TR
I am using SCO Unix Openserver 5.0.5 and Rmcobol runtime 6.00.00

When I try to get the date from system, my cobol program gets the date for 1 day after. I tried to change the timezone but nothing changes.

Please help me,

Is there any environment variable that rmcobol reads?

Regards,

Hi aygun,

1) What is your current TZ?
2) Does this happens at any time or only around 23:59:59?

Theophilos.

-----------

There are only 10 kinds of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hi theotyflos,

Thanks for your interest on my problem.

TZ was EET with daylight saving, but i changed it GMT, UTC vs. Nothing changes. When i run the program with "ACCEPT .... FROM DATE" sentence, it gets 1 day plus. For example today is 19th March 2005 (when i run the command "date" on unix, it shows so), but the running rmcobol program shows 20th March 2005 with no time difference (hhmmss)
Maybe it is caused by the rmcobol runtime, because I did not compile the runtime on this machine. This runtime is a copy from another unix system with files "rmcobol, rmcobol.ovy and runcobol".

Please anyone who can give little tricks about it, write this thread.

Regards,

If you're running within a Telnet session (or something like it) where it looks like execution of the program is happening on the local machine but is actually taking place on the server that hosting the Telnet connection, you could run into a situation where the date and time on the server are actually ahead of the machine you're physically sitting in front, and you'd get confused because of the difference.

I'm not saying this is your scenario, but maybe it's something like that? Are the rograms running 100% on your machine and not in a process that's actually hosted on another machine?

.DaviD.

aygun,

Try one (or all) of the following:

1) Reset the date using asktime, or reboot.
2) Be sure that am/pm is correct.
3) Recompile the runtime.
4) Update to RM/Cobol 6.10 (at least)

Theophilos.

-----------

There are only 10 kinds of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The problem is Y2K Compiler.There is a solution without upgrade or update the runtime.Simply subtract 1 from date and take mind of the leap year.(Be Careful the leap year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back