Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

accent on e 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikswoktur

Programmer
Oct 11, 2002
US
Anyone know how to include the accent on the e as should be in resume or finace using the type tool? (é) in ASCII

Thanks, -joe

I am pressing Alt and e at the same time, letting go, then pressing the e again? Doing this i am not getting the accent. Did i misinterpret the post? thanks.

(i am using CS version 8.0 on windows)

alt+130 worked, but interesting to note that it only worked with the 10-key number keys, not number keys above the letter keys... Thanks.

FYI

Unfortunately this won't work in PShop because of the control key use but it works well in word, text etc files.

Code:
For an acute accent, (á, é, í, ó, ú)
CONTROL + [b]´[/b] (the single quote key) followed by the vowel. 

For a grave accent, (à, è, ì, ò, ù)
CONTROL +  [b]`[/b] followed by the vowel. 

For a circumflex, (â, ê, î, ô, û)
CONTROL +  [b]^[/b] (hold down the control and shift together, and 
type the 6 key),  release the Ctrl Shift , type the vowel

For a  ñ,
CONTROL +shift+  [b]~[/b] (hold down the control and shift together, and 
type the ~ key),  release the Ctrl Shift ~ , type the letter

For capital letters:
Hold the SHIFT key down while typing the vowel.

alt+130 worked, but interesting to note that it only worked with the 10-key number keys, not number keys above the letter keys... Thanks.

That is correct and normal...it uses the numeric pad only.

The character map program will also give you a full list of everything supported on your machine. It's a common program on most (?) windows machines. In XP:

Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map

You can copy/paste any character supported on your machine there.

-kaht

[small](All puppies have now found loving homes, thanks for all who showed interest)[/small]

kaht -that's a good tip for future reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back