Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accelar/Passport 1200 Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brat

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2001
PL
Hi, All

I have one big problem. I have prepared my new Accelar config. Everything is working fine, but after hardware/software reset all interface names just dissapeard. I have checked it twice. I don't know why it happened. I performed config save to NVRAM and to flash - just nothing interface names was cleared again.

Any ideas why? And what to do to save interface names permanently?

BRAT

Are you saying that there is none of the info you entered in the config? if so...

Make sure that the factory defaults flag is set to false. When it starts to boot it will prompt you to press any key to stop autoboot.

Press any key and it will take you into the monitor mode

monitor>

then type the following:

show boot

this will display current boot config, if the following is displayed

factory defaults is enabled

you need to change it to disable - to do this issue the flags command

monitor> flags (this will prompt you with the following.. answer N to the last two options as below:)

do you want to enable autoboot (Y/N)? Y
do you want to use factory defaults (Y/N) n
do you want to enable switch port isolation (Y/N)n

monitor? save

then just reboot the switch either by hard resetting it or by

monitor> boot

OR If you are using redundant SSF make sure you have saved the config to both cards, as if you have the console cable plugged into the primary slot 5 and you reboot then slot 6 will become master and load its config

let me know how you get on.

Hi, Wookie27

I will check defaults flag in config. Thanks.
But again I have set ip up correctly - after reset i have my IP addresses on physical ports. All protocols are working fine, but only INTERFACE NAME on each port just dissapeard.

Brat

If You have the Ip addresses showing then its not going to be a default config issue. What Accelar model are you using and what is the software version.

Something at the back of my mind is telling me I may have had a similar issue a long while back when the boxes first came out. I belive that if you put in a name with spaces or too many characters it did not save it.

If you have a port naming naming convention which uses more than one word try putting an underscore or hypen between them and saving again and then rebooting. If this does not work send em a copy of the config and I will have a look at it for you.

Hi, wookie27

here is my test config - I have prepared two different ports with name and IP addresses:

>show config

#
# PORT CONFIGURATION PHASE II
#

ethernet 2/1
name "test name 1"
ip
create 192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
l3-igmp
version 1
back
dvmrp
back
route-discovery
back
dhcp-relay
back
ospf
enable
back
rip
back
traffic-filter
back
back
ipx
back
unknown-mac-discard
back
back
ethernet 2/2
name "test name 2"
ip
create 192.168.3.1/255.255.255.0
l3-igmp
version 1
back
dvmrp
back
route-discovery
back
dhcp-relay
back
ospf
enable
back
rip
back
traffic-filter
back
back
ipx
back
unknown-mac-discard
back
back

Passport-1100R#
Passport-1100R# save config
[000 00:10:37:733] INFO: Code=0x0 Task=tShell: Save to selected device ... done.
Passport-1100R#

After reset command - my show config console output:

#
# PORT CONFIGURATION PHASE II
#

ethernet 2/1
ip
create 192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
l3-igmp
version 1
back
dvmrp
back
route-discovery
back
dhcp-relay
back
ospf
enable
back
rip
back
traffic-filter
back
back
ipx
back
unknown-mac-discard
back
back
ethernet 2/2
ip
create 192.168.3.1/255.255.255.0
l3-igmp
version 1
back
dvmrp
back
route-discovery
back
dhcp-relay
back
ospf
enable
back
rip
back
traffic-filter
back
back
ipx
back
unknown-mac-discard
back
back

where are port names???? They just dissapeard from config file, as you can see ...

What t do now, what should I change to have port names - with complicated VLAN and routing setup, after reset I don't have any important informations about port config, of course now accelar is workin perfectly also my memory (port numebrs, locations, etc) but after few months config in my mind can just dissapear as port names...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pawel

What I would suggest is that you just put a single word in as a interface name eg Test1 with no spaces , save the config and reset it and see if it appears. Or if you need more than one word to describe it use an underscore eg.
Test_name1.

Try this and let me know if this works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back