Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accelar 1200-no docs, need to set IP address so I can manage remotely 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hud18

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
US
I have an Accelar 1200- and no documentation. I need to setup the IP address so I can manage it remotely via Device Manager and the web interface.

Can anyone help with this one?

If you need to set a ip address from CLI
config vlan 1 ip create x.x.x.x/x {you config the vlan and then add the ip with the subnet mask in bits for example 255.255.255.0 is /24.
You then config the ip static-route to point to the router.
config ip static-route create 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop x.x.x.x cost 1 (default gateway).

If you have a old ip address and want to remove it you will need to replace the word "create" with the word "delete" and write the old ip address with the old bit mask .

HEY THANKS A LOT!

Two questions before I proceed. The Accelar is configured with an IP and it is in production. When I delete the present IP, will the device stop moving traffic until the new IP is in place?

Our subnet mask is 255.255.254.0, would the bit for this be 23?

I appreciate your help!

1.Is the Acclear doing any routing ? if not your main concern is to make sure that the default gateway points to the router. There will be down time either way .
or is it just acting as a distribution switch that feeds the closet switches.
2. 255.255.254 is /23

I'm not sure if the Accelar is routing. What is the CLI command to tell?

Again, your help is MUCH appreciated.

show ip route info all
show ip static-route info all {this is if you don't have a routing protocol}
show ip interface {this will show you the vlans ip address if you have multiple vlans}

Hello, sorry to bring this back to the top but I am not hip to the bit.

You said that 24 is 255.255.255.0, what is it for 255.0.0.0?

I am wanting to make the IP 10.0.0.x and the submask 255.0.0.0. I am not a networking guru though some people think that I am:

Last paragraph, first page, lol

Anyhow, thank you for your help.

You only want to mask the top 8 bits, (255.0.0.0) so your mask is 8

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back