Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acc2k-Resize app to fit screen resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerR

MIS
Apr 17, 2001
US
I'm sure this has already got to be in here some where, but with KEYWORD SEARCH disabled, I'm having no luck. I've read thru all FAQ for Access General and Access Forms but cannot find anything.

Some of my users have laptops, with max screen res at 800x600 I think. My db forms - which are of course fine on my (and other users') PC's, is too large for their screens -they can't get to all the controls. Please let me know the solution!! I'm a good code copier-and-paster but am not sophisticated enuf to create this on my own.

thanks--g

There are two ways to do this:

1) investigate and use one of the couple or three "Access Form Resizer" utilities out there in Accessland.

2) Make copies of your forms for the SVGA crowd, and use them on the laptops.

Depending on the number of forms, Option 2 might be the easier choice.

I know it's a pain in the butt, but I generally design for 800x600 as the 'lowest common denominator', unless I know beforehand that everyone using the system will be at a higher resolution.

I use 19" and 21" monitors for development, and I feel your pain. Nothing looks worse than a 640x480 form on a 19" monitor.. :)

Jim

Me? Ambivalent? Well, yes and no....
Another free Access forum:
More Access stuff at

Hi Jim. Thanks for the put.
Do you have any links to some resize utilities? i have one, but it doesnt do what I want.

thanks--g

Since the keyword search is disabled, you can go to groups.google.com to search on your question. Before you enter your keyword or phrase, go down to the forums listed and click on comp. then type in "Resize app to fit screen resolution" and activate the search. You will find a multitude of threads on your topic! Googlegroups is in my favourites for regular use. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back