Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACC2000 Run-Time Options Setting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod1968

Technical User
Apr 17, 2001
GB
I have converted a database to Access2000 from Access95 and I have attempted to run them on a machine with Access Run-Time. However I am now getting prompts for confirmation of record deletions and appendments which I had suppressed on the Access95 Run-Time version.

It now seems impossible for me to change the Options menu settings in ACC2000 Run-Time, as the Tools menu is not available.

I need to find a way to set the Edit Options not to ask for comfirmation when running my .mdb in ACC2000 Run-Time.

Is there some code that I can use to set the Edit Options when it runs in Run-Time?

Can anyone help me to find a solution to this please?

Rod
PS I'm not very experienced in writing code so all the help I can get will be much appreciated.

I am not sure how 'correct' this would be, but you could create a splash form, & in it set warnings to false. I am not sure on the scope of the warnings though, so it might well suppress error messages as well...

DoCmd.SetWarnings = False
James Goodman

Thanks for the quick reply James.

I will try this out and see if it does suppress the confirmation messages. I can see that I might have problems if it also suppresses error msgs too though.

The particular confirmations I want to automatically accecpt are:-
"Record Changes"
"Document Deletions"
"Action Queries"

In Run-Time there seems no way to access these options.

DoCmd.SetWarnings False definately supresses those messages, & is normally used when action queries are called from code. James Goodman

This from the help file:

You can use this action to prevent modal warnings and message boxes from stopping the macro. However, error messages are always displayed. Also, Microsoft Access displays any dialog boxes that require input other than just choosing a button (such as OK, Cancel, Yes, or No) — for example, any dialog box that requires you to enter text or select one of several options

Therefore you should be ok by using this. However, you could always switch this method as required, rather than leaving it permanently off... James Goodman

Hi James,

Well as I mentioned, I'm not a programmer but this is what I have tried and the response I got.

I created a "splash" form as suggested and created the DoCmd.SetWarnings = False in an event "On Open". When I open the form I get a Compile Error "Arguement not optional" ?

Maybe I'm doing it wrongly in some way?

Thanks for the tip about not using "=". That allowed the code to run.

But it doesn't seem to stop the record edit conformation nag screens unfortunately.

Not sure where I go from here?

Are the forms you are using standard forms, or have they got additional features such as edit, add buttons on them? What message do you get when you try to update a record?
James Goodman

James,

The Form I'm using does have buttons but not Edit or Add button.

Does it have to be a form without buttons?

I'm invoking my code "On Open" in the form properties.

I will try it again tomorrow and let you know exactly what the message says ... It's something like " You are about to delete 10 records .. Do you want to continue?" YES NO or CANCEL

Normally I have unchecked the Edit/Find Conformation check boxes in the Options.

This is a data base I created some years ago and is distributed to 30 users runing MSAccess Run-Time. I converted it to Access2000 from Access95 and am trying to run it on machines running Access2000 Run-Time (which does not provide access to Options Menu).

I think the answer maybe that I need to convert using a Developer version of ACC2000 (I used a standard version to do the conversion). I don't know if this is the case or not?

James,

Sorry to have been so long getting back to you. Your suggestion about setting the warnings to FALSE have done the trick.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back