Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACA 6.3.2 Lync Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2008
US
Hi all,

So, our IT department rolled-out office 365 recently including Lync (Not on-prem). Users started ask for telephone integration with Lync so we downloaded the AVAYA ACA6.3.2 package with Lync Integration.
We installed the Lync Integration and found that Lync voice and video have been disabled in the Lync client. I guess I can understand the voice piece being hijacked, but the video too? I called our support vendor and they told me to try changing the registry key to activate the Lync video piece. I changed the registry key and the option for a Lync video call reappeared in the right-click menu. However, when I try a video call, I get an AVAYA Lync Integration error saying, "The ability to perform a video call is not available with the current configuration."

The long and short of it is this: We want to be able to make PSTN calls via Lync through our AVAYA PBX while still having the ability to use Lync voice and video. Is there anything from AVAYA or other party that can make this happen? Why does AVAYA ACA hijack the Lync voice and video?

Thank you all!

My understanding is that ACA steals the voice/video so MS is only for anything non-voice/video - and perhaps you can build the ACA package to not do video and leave that entirely to MS, and just do voice only.

But, at a price per user, Aura Alliance/Unified Comms Alliance has the solution to your problem.

I agree with you though - Avaya's standard offer should be "Avaya first and then handoff to Lync" and not "Avaya only".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back