Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AC3.6 - Link Feature Value : how does it work? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

siep

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
NL
In normal circumstances you can use FeatureValues of type "link" in Crystal Reports, like you would use an ordinary link. The data engine which processes my reports doesn't seem to understand any kind of FeatureValues, so I tried to rebuild the datamodel for features in Chrystal reports. I'm just as good as my database-engine when it comes to understanding these Featurevalues and I failed miserably.
Could anybody explain what really happens in the database when you add a Feature?

When you connect to Crystal using the AssetCentre drivers, the features are supplied.

If you connect to Crystal using native ODBC connection either to Oracle or SQL Server then you need to do the following to get the feature value.

You need to add the corresponding feature table eg. If you are after a feature on the Product table, you would add the amProduct and amFVProduct tables and link with the lProdId.

Then you need to filter the amFVProduct.lFeatID to the relevant feature through the record selection of the report. The value of this feature will be stored in the ValString or fVal fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back