Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AC2

Status
Not open for further replies.

atbw5

Technical User
Jun 12, 2007
An Option 11 rls 21, using ld 86 to creat ac1,ac2.

i got just AC1 , a AC2 doesn`t apear to program it, is the star rls has relation for this?

Do you need AC2?

I have not used AC@ in the last 20 years, I put everything in AC1.

can not understand your question, can you clear it up.. and ace is right, almost always a better way then ac2.. dsc's plus ac1 is all i've seen in forever

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i have a site with 2 Pri, wich they need to have 2 defference acod, i`ve done that on other site (RLS 4.5 ) and now iam try to do the same thing as a following:

REQ PRT
CUST 0
FEAT ESN

MXLC 50
MXSD 50
MXIX 50
MXDM 50
MXRL 50
MXFC 50
MXFS 50
MXSC 100
NCDP 10
AC1 9
AC2 8
DLTN NO
ERWT YES
ERDT 6
TODS 0 00 00 23 59
RTCL DIS
NCOS 0 - 0
NCOS 1 - 0

in my case i dont got AC2 , ( SORY RLS IS 23)

AC1 and AC2 aren't trunk Access codes, they are NARS access codes. you use RLI's to send calls to different PRI. Do both PRI go to different places?

We use AC2 (8) here. I see still see it here in Washington for government agencies that use a private LD network from another state agency.

However, I don't understand your question about the ACOD as John mentioned, AC1 and AC2 are NARS access codes. And it does look like you have AC2 setup in your ESN print, with an access of '8'.

We use AC2 to route our calls to a private PRI to the state's LD service which uses it's own access code numbers for individuals.

What are you trying to achieve?

exactly , this is what i did ,but my qwuestion how can i get AC2, I just get AC1, also if i want more than AC1 , AC2
IS that possible??

what i mean that during programing ESN I just see AC1 , a AC2 doesn`t appear,as afollowing :

REQ CHG
CUST 0
FEAT ESN
MXSD
MXIX
MXDM
MXRL
MXFC
MXFS
AC1 9
…… hear suppose to get the prompt AC2 to be as 8
DLTN
DLTN YESÇ
ERWT YESÇ
ERDT 6
TODS 0 00 00 23 59
RTCL DIS
NCOS 0 - 0
NCOS 1 - 0

BARS and NARS (57 and 58) packages enabled in software?

If I was you atbw5 I would consult with you vendor, normally you don’t use AC2 NARS as access code for different PRI’s you can use BARS.

there is a gate opener in 87? don't have the merls here at home. as you can tell by the replies, all of us dislike ac2.

if i make 8 (or 81) a dsc, point it to the tie, use a dgt to delete 1, i can dial 8 plus the ext.. the way my ccm is set up i give them a blocks of 100 did's then you just dial the ext. they are all dsc's.. i hate to rebuild a database that requires users to know where internal calls are going..

if it's build a dial an 81 plus the number. building b 82 plus.. i've seen them built that bad.. i was there on a remote mwi problem.. as soon as i added unique dsc's per station.. lamps worked

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Again I ask so I might understand what it is your trying to do. Why do you Need AC2?. What is it you need AC2 for that AC1 won't do.

When i worked in the military we used AC1 to access the PSTN and AC2 to access the DOD network.

mike thats the way ours is set up. AC1 for 99 dialing and AC2 for DSN. They just reconfig'd our base switch and eliminated 5 digit dialing. Now everyone on base has to dial 7 digits for on base dialing and 99 NXX-XXXX for off base access. Please see Colorado Nortel in the forum. thanks..

thanks for all of you guys, i understand all your suggestion, i will go to dsc.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back