Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AC restore after power loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

noksa

Technical User
Aug 5, 2003
GB
Hi Experts!

I have a problem with Dell PowerEdge 6650 and 2650 servers not restarting after power loss. Specifically, I am going to shut them down cleanly (with poweroff), disconnect AC and after I reconnect AC I need them to boot up. This issue was solved with Dell PowerEdge 2850 servers by going to "System Security" tab in BIOS and making AC "ON". But the former servers got the latest BIOS and lack the AC management feature in "System Security" tab. Any help would be appreciated!

I would also like the enswer to this question.

I just updated to the latest BIOS, and it's not in there either. I was at A10, now I'm at A14.

Just to note that I am using a Poweredge 2600 (tower) instead of the 2650 (rack)... is the BIOS the same between the two?

jvCMK,

I have found a solution to the problem. Look up Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 819038 and hotfix WindowsServer2003-KB819760-x86-ENU.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back