Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AC Alarms: only messaging actions? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

siep

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
NL
(AssetCenter 3.6) I'm trying to run a script 60 days before a contract expires. Alarms seem to be a nice feature, but it looks like i'm only allowed messaging-type actions. Is there any way around this? I'd hate to throw my beautiful script away...

Siep

I have a possible answer...

If you create a Message action, that's context is the table for which the alarm is on, then in the subject line put something that uniquely identifies the record in question.

e.g.

Name : Test Msg
Context : amContract
To : AlarmUser
Subject : Alarm For Contract [Ref]

Then create a workflow that's Parameters are triggered when a record is inserted into amMail with the AQL conditions To = 'AlarmUser' and subject like 'Alarm For Contract%'

Then attach your script to the workflow.

This should work, I have setup the basics.

I you require anymore help please email me

Cheers.
Jason

Siep

I have a possible answer...

If you create a Message action, that's context is the table for which the alarm is on, then in the subject line put something that uniquely identifies the record in question.

e.g.

Name : Test Msg
Context : amContract
To : AlarmUser
Subject : Alarm For Contract [Ref]

Then create a workflow that's Parameters are triggered when a record is inserted into amMail with the AQL conditions To = 'AlarmUser' and subject like 'Alarm For Contract%'

Then attach your script to the workflow.

This should work, I have setup the basics, but not tested fully.

I you require anymore help please email me

Cheers.
Jason :)

Jason,

This is a very clever idea. I had to rewrite my script (it had amContract as context, and you can only select scripts with context= nothing or context = amMail, which does make some sense), but it works.
Thanks!

Siep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back