Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

About managed C++ extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidro

MIS
Sep 28, 2002
US
hi,
Im new to .net c++
I was wondering if we can disable the manage extension c++
and use the win32 console c++ in MS studio 6.0
thanks.

Just because you're using VS.NET doesn't mean you're using managed C++. As a matter of fact, unless you go out of your way to use managed, I can guarentee that you aren't. Just create a console app like normal and it won't be managed.

hi,
Can we use create the windows form gui application without using manage extension c++? If I can use the win32 console way of programming for that, it'll be great. Otherwise, ts going to take me a while to learn and get use to the new manage ex. if i want a gui.

If you want to create an unmanaged console app, just go to File, New, Project, Visual C++ Projects in the tree view on the left, click on Win32 Console Project on the right, and hit OK.

yes, i know how to do that now
but, now can i do unmanage extension c++ on a Windows form Application.Net project?

You're asking for a whole heap of trouble if you want to write *everything* in unmanaged code. You can interop between managed and unmanaged in .NET, but its not advisable to.

Just create a normal dialog app.

Skute

"There are 10 types of people in this World, those that understand binary, and those that don't!"

You're asking for a whole heap of trouble if you want to write *everything* in unmanaged code."

Well, I need to get in a whole heap of trouble then. That way, I or everyone else thats interested can see for themselves what the trouble is all about and let them decide. But the real question is, can it be done? Do you have any example? What do you mean by, "You can interop between managed and unmanaged in .NET."

Managed C++ (or any managed language for that matter) will allow you to interact with non-managed code (ie normal C++). But the trouble is, you need to know a bit about programming in .NET to call this unmanaged code.

Your best bet is to either create a standard Dialog application, or create a win32 application and create the window by hand in code. Its not that difficult.

Skute

"There are 10 types of people in this World, those that understand binary, and those that don't!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back