Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

About Internet Connection share

Status
Not open for further replies.

arios2mx

Technical User
Dec 23, 2002
MX
Hi!

I have a Server machine with Suse 8.0 pro and my workstation has Windows2k/winMe/Suse 8.0Pro/Debian installed on different partitions
I have the following problem:
1.My server is sharing my Internet connection.
2.I am using Suse 8.0 in my WS
3.I was browsing Internet with Konqueror
4.I found a program that I wanted to download (it's size is 150Mb.
5. Suddenly I have to restart my computer to access Windows 2k
6. Obviously I had to interrupt my download process
7. I have to do the same again

My server only has command line interface, it doesn't have XFree support.

I was wondering how can I do that no matter I restarted my Ws, but my Server continues downloading files.

Thanks in advance

ARG

How are you sharing your connection? Is the server also the gateway or do you have a router?

Hello,

You dont make to much sense here i am afraid, i am guessing that you have the server as a gatway and that you started the download from one of your windows os the is in stalled in your ws, the server should not continue the download at all if it is only sitting there as a gateway, if it is then just run samba and pick it up from one of your clients thru the samba share.

but again i am not so sure about the config on your machines and how you started the downloads.

Regars
Per Qvindesland

If you want the server to download the files, you'd have to access it's command line and use a [tt]lynx[/tt]/[tt]wget[/tt] like application to download the files. //Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back