Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

About Infinistream Application playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTovar

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2001
MX
Hi all:

I'm testing the infinistream appliance and see that in console v 1.5 data mining an app playback are included on the same GUI, but now I upgraded to Ice Engine 1.7 and console 1.7 sp2, but it seems that app playback is no longer available. Question: is application playback on a different console? I can't find it on Network General page.

By the way, exporting captures from Infinistream to a "normal" sniffer cap file is very useful, but I think that the app playback is a great feature for forensincs ! and launching expert from mining console is excelent, a reporter tool for Infinistream ( or compatibility with nPO )would be a hit !

thanks in advance.

Hi Alex,

Network General owns and sells the Application Playback with the ability to replay and reconstruct network events and user sessions. This application will playback trace files created by the InfiniStream Network Management 1.7 SP2 or later release. This is a two step process but completely possible to do.

You might be pleased to know that InfiniStream 2.0 released and downloadable on our website for authorized customers on Monday, April 4th. This will contain internal reporting for any timeframe you have selected. Also, Visualizer integration is now supported as well.

Regards --- Rich

Hi Rich:

Thanx for your answer, so the application playback is a separated module for infinistream 1.7 sp2, right ?

The upgrades for ICE and Console will be available at the same time? because when I tried to use ICE 1.7 with mining console 1.5 the appliance crashes and sent a kybd> prompt,

nPO visualizer integration is what customers are waiting for, it'll be great.

Regards

Alex

Yes, this module has been sold for the last year as a stand alone application with the SKU: APOCAE-AC.

The 2.0 release which includes the Visualizer integration contains an upgrade for both the ICE and the Network Management Console. The Application Playback should only be used for the playback and not to connect to the ICE appliance.

Regards
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back