Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

About Fonts inCystal Report 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anit

Programmer
Mar 22, 2000
US
Hi,<br><br>Can i change the font style of a field in crystal report(cross tab)?<br>The requirement is the heading should be displayed in Bold. All the fields including the heading would be fetched from a table and so i can only distinguish them from their values. Can i write a formula and attach to the field so that the heading can be displayed in bold. <br><br>Thanks<br>Anit

Go to your view menu and choose toolbars.&nbsp;&nbsp;Make sure the Format Toolbar is checked.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then all that is necessary is to select the field then click on the 'B' on your Format Toolbar.

No, i don't want to change the font style of the whole field, i want to conditionally change the style.<br>Say, depending on the value in the field, i want to make it either bold or regular.<br><br>Thanks<br>Ani

Anit, <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;I think I found it.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you right click on your field then click 'Format Field' then 'Font' tab.&nbsp;&nbsp;There you can put in a formula to change the font.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hope this helps!!

Hi,<br><br>i got it but can u just explain me in detail how do i write a formula there? The requirement is<br>if Heading = &quot;Gross&quot; then<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Display in Bold<br>else<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Display in regular style<br><br>Now how do i do this?<br><br>Thanks<br>Ani<br>

This will be very simple.&nbsp;&nbsp;When you get to the change font screen change to the font you want using the drop down menus then click on the formula button on the right.&nbsp;&nbsp;This brings you to the formula screen.&nbsp;&nbsp;Just by putting in a formula you imply an 'if' statement so the only thing you need to put there is '@heading = 'gross'.&nbsp;&nbsp;Hope this helps.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Sorry, i checked up with the solution u told me but it seems to work only with color of the font.When i gave a formula there, it just gave me permission to change the color of the text. But My requirement is to make it bold or regular depending on the value.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Ani

I see what you mean Ani.&nbsp;&nbsp;I just gave it a quick look before.&nbsp;&nbsp;Well, one more suggestion.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>1. Create a Details A and a Details B.&nbsp;&nbsp;Make sure to put all fields in each Detail section.&nbsp;&nbsp;In one section make the field bold and in the other section make the field normal.<br><br>2. Click on the Section Expert icon. Select the Detail section which has the normal field.&nbsp;&nbsp;Toggle 'Suppress (No Drill-Down)on.&nbsp;&nbsp;Next click the formula button and put&nbsp;&nbsp;'@heading = 'gross'.&nbsp;&nbsp;This will suppress this section when your heading field is equal to 'gross'.<br><br>3. Do Step 2 again for the Detail section which has the bold field and put the formula which will suppress at the proper time.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br> <p>LindaC<br><a href=mailto:lcastner@co.orange.ny.us>lcastner@co.orange.ny.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back