Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

About a custom Report dic

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryrep

Programmer
Oct 18, 2005
CA
Hello,

I have a custom .dic file wich have a sop blank invoice, and i would like to have Sop other invoice.

I have try to copy the report by rename the report in the package and re-import it, but GP put the report into Custom report so it't not accesible when i print my invoice.

I think is because the report it self i not in the original custom .dic file

what can i do to have this report include...

Export both reports to separate package files.

Open the SOP Blank Invoice package in wordpad.

Use File > Save As and save it as SOPShortInvoiceNew.package

Open the original SOP Short Invoice package in wordpad and copy the first two lines which show the report name and paste over the first two lines of your newly saved SOPShortInvoiceNew.package.

Then import the new package.

already try this

The system put my report as a custom one!

It's not a modified report, alrtenat modified report...
only custom, that's what bug it me!

Sorry I missed that. I think the original report that you export needs to be from your modified reports dictionary.

Do you have a Blank SOP in the format you want that is not in a custom dictionary, or can you re-create it easily and use that one to copy?

Or have you tried copying sections of the original - maybe there is a line that has the dictionary location? Or maybe you need to change the Product id on the first line?

i did change the product id, When I import the report It go in the right Dictionary, But when i print the Gp keep give me the GP original one...

I go in security to make sure that my sa user have the right on the report and i fond my report under... My custom product, sales series dans custom report and not under alternet modefied report where is supposte to be!

Does the customisation have both SOP reports as alternates?

You cannot have a modified alternate report if the alternate report does not exist.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

Non, when i go to report writer, the left colum do not contain de the report i would like to import...

can i use dexterity for add it, how i can i fix this?

Who created the customisation?

They will need to add the other SOP reports as alternates during the chunking process. They don't need to make any changes to them, they just need to add them with Transfer >> Dictionary module when they are the existing alternate reports.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back