Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

abnormal program termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzquierdo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 1, 2004
US
When browsing I get:
Microsoft Visual C++ Rintime Library
C;PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE

How do I solve this problem?

Thanks for your help!

Kevin

Try elaborating.

Does your browser show that message? Do you get a message box pop up? Can you continue browsing after this??

When was the last time it worked? Have you loaded any software after this point?

Thanks for the reply. I get a pop-up error message and I can not continue browsing at this point although the page continues to load in the background. Once I click on the OK button on the error message pop-up, it closes my browser completely. I have not loaded any software.

I'm not sure if this is a related problem but I can not view thumbnails at this time either. I have Windows ME. I am an avid family photographer and this is a real inconvenience this time of the year with all of the holiday photos.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

it would not surprise me in the least that you have a related problem in the Windows explorer - they are linked.

It sounds like you have a dll problem. I do not use ME (I find this to be the worst of all the Microsoft offerings)
so I can't tell what the exact problem is, but it lies in the internet explorer code (as per the message 'iexplore.exe'). As IE is part of the operating system the simplest resolution is to re-install the ME operating system. Don't forget to backup your emails/files/documents etc before doing this.

David

Before reloading ME I would try running the IE repair tool--Start, Settings, Add&Remove Programs, highlight Microsoft Internet Explorer and Internet tools, click Add/Remove, and select Repair.
It's less drastic and often helps.

FANTASTIC! That solved half of my problem. I can now view thumbnails again. Great. However, when I tried to "Thank korum1 for this valuable post" my internet expolorer still crashed. Boo-Hoo! :-(

Any more great suggestions?

We are making progress. Let's not stop now! Thanks everyone for your assistance! I really appreciate it.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back