Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ability to put Remote users in a ring group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrentGreenawalt

Technical User
Jan 18, 2002
US
thread1329-1707483

You guys talked about it in the above thread, however, you referenced a EHDU (External Hot Desk User). I am not sure I understand exactly what you are directing here. The ring group form allows me to add the user (remote 3300), but like the original poster mentioned, it doesn't ring and goes dead.

I have a teleworker user in this ring group and that works fine, but the remote user at our branch office can't see it or ring.

Side note: over a year ago I asked for different phone lines to be identified as certain "names". In this case, this ring group is a "hose hot line" and it actually does show up when the caller calls in on the phone. So once I get this figured out, I can then redirect all of my different 800# and other lines to different ring groups to have it show on the caller id. Thanks again for all that info before.

Now I just need to get that remote phone or group to work.

Thanks,
Trent Greenawalt

Best Regards,

Trent Greenawalt
IT Manager
Milwaukee, WI

Phone Hardware:
Release Level: 6.0
Active Software Load: 12.0.049
Platform CX-II, 512mb of RAM
Mitel 3300 (2 Controllers, 2 locations)
5340, 5330, 5320 Phones
(SIP Service via AT&T IP FLEX - 30 Trunks Total)

I just checked and I have no External hot desk user licenses. So this way might be out.

Best Regards,

Trent Greenawalt
IT Manager
Milwaukee, WI

Phone Hardware:
5340, 5330, 5320 Phones

Are the 2 systems clustered? If so mcd 7 allows for proper use of remote extensions in a ring group

The two systems are resilient to each other if that is what you mean. I am not 100% sure on what cluster means in the mitel world.

My system specs are in signature, so MCD I imagine I am at 6 correct?

I would imagine it should work, since it allows me to add the Remote number to the ring group, it just doesn't ring. Perhaps I have a restriction in COS that is stopping this?

Thank you for the help,
Trent

Best Regards,

Trent Greenawalt
IT Manager
Milwaukee, WI

Phone Hardware:
5340, 5330, 5320 Phones

I agree get it upgraded to version 7.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

What is the most current version of the Mitel Software? We are out of support and software assurance, so I want to make sure if we do go this route that it is worth it. I would also like to know what other features would I get with this new latest and greatest version.

Thanks for the help,
Trent

Best Regards,

Trent Greenawalt
IT Manager
Milwaukee, WI

Phone Hardware:
5340, 5330, 5320 Phones

Thanks, getting a quote for it as you read this. So no tricky way around this without the update. I reviewed the other "features" and it seems this would be the only huge get.

Best Regards,

Trent Greenawalt
IT Manager
Milwaukee, WI

Phone Hardware:
5340, 5330, 5320 Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back