Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

abend on NW6.5 SP5 networker 7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

plhuiss

Technical User
Dec 17, 2003
FR
Hi,
We got an abend on NW6.5 SP5 networker 7.2 when launching savefs.nlm when starting a backup or when loading it manually.
Test with combo patch 80996 and then 84291
-----------
Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5
PVER: 6.50.05

Server XXXXX001 halted Wednesday, 1 February 2006 15:31:32,634
Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.05: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)
-----------
Thank you for you ideas.

Hi,

normally it is not hidden and if it shows it to you with modules libc*, then it MUST be there !

Andreas

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

Ok, this is what I get when checking with m libc*:

1) Libc.nlm loaded from c:\nwserver. Adressspace=OS
2) Libc.nlm loaded from c:\nwserver. Adressspace=ADMINSRV

When I search for libc.nlm on the sysvolume - there is none. But I can copy this new file to both directorys and se what happens at reboot...?

/tobias

Ok,

if you look with "search" on the console for the search paths, you see in which directorys the networker looks first to find files.

Its always the best to have the libc.nlm in c:\nwserver and in sys:system parallely in the same version at the same time.

So yes, pls copy it to both locations

Andreas

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

Hi Andreas!
And thank you for your help! Now it works fine. One last question though - Regarding the patch LGTpa85075 and LGTpa85096. Do I need to put the LGTpa85075 patch in if I already have LGTpa85096?

/tobias

Hi Tobias,

yes, LGTpa85075 must be placed on top of LGTpa85096, nevertheless it has a lower number.

See readme inside

Cheers
Andreas

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

Hi Novelli,

Concerming the libc.nlm in both directories. Novell advised us not to put it in sys:system.
This is there reply
Example, if you apply the latest Support Pack, and the search path is sys:system first, you'll get a "public symbol errors" (NLM Mismatch) and the module won't load, thus causing instability on the server.

Hi again!
I still got trouble with one of my servers who abends during backup.

Here are some info:

Abnormal Program Termination (Abend: Deadlock detected waiting for spinlock currently owned by CPU 03Running Process: SAVE.NLM's main thread EIP: 10F1F2h)

Any ideas? HP Proliant DL380 G3.

ps.The other one is working fine. But is there any way not to have every ndsobject listed in the statusemails?
/tobias

Hi,

did you use the TSAFS /NoCachingMode parameter ?

I had the same problem (and speed Problems) till i used the parameter above (best in smsstart.ncf)

Novelli

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

Hi,
Ok I´ll try that at next backup.

The ASR does a reboot of the server each night.... (ASR detected by System ROM)... I have to deal with that as well.
The most obvious step is a biosupgrade, but I´ve seen som e people with problems regarding unexpected reboots along with ASR...

/tobias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back