Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

abc clarion record delete issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbsprogrammer

Programmer
Oct 12, 2012
US
Hi,

I imported a legacy app to abc (c55ee) and have embeded code in a browse delete button that will run a procedure to check if any related data is in another file, then display a message allowing the user to have the system delete the related data if applicable. When the delete button is pressed it goes though this code but then calls the update form screen with the ok button focused but unresponsive, even if no records were found in any related file and does not display the record deletion confirmation window. If this code is bypassed (local variable indicates this should be skipped), the delete confirmation / record deletion works fine. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happeing. It works fine in the legacy version.

Thanks....

May I suggest you have a look at file relationships and how to set them up in the DCT because the way I understand it is if a record is deleted the action can be made to Cascade to the related file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back