Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abbreviated Dial misdials numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

justfixit

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2005
US
I have a G3siV7 switch and the abbreviated dial will not work for all numbers. It will dial correctly the numbers but some will not go out to the T1, and you will receive a message that you may have misdialed and to check your number and retry. When you dial manually the call will go out, with out a problem. The T1 provider when monitoring a channel reports that the area coded is missing and that is why the call is not being completed as dialed. It appears that the number, when dialed by the abbreviated dial is sent to fast and the area code is dropped, by adding the 3 digit area code twice, the call will be completed using the abbreviated dial. This problem is also happening when dialing from speed dials on FAX machines. The ARS table is correct or the calls would not work if dialed manually from a phone or FAX machine. Is the problem in the Difinity’s processor or tone pack or any other part of the switch. I have changed the DS1 card and the problem is still there. The T1 provider has tested the T1 and reporting that it is correct. The numbers in the abbreviated dial lists on the Difinity and the speed dial numbers in the FAX machines have been working correctly for over a year before the problem started.

JustFixit

Not sure if this will work on Definity but used to work on Meridians when setting up for least cost routing, try putting ## either before your number or between the area code and rest of number. This inserts a pause before chain dialling the number.
As I said not sure if it will work but worth a go

I have tryed adding pause before and after area code the only work around that will work is entering area code twice, and then only if you know what numbers have a problem. When sending a FAX you end up sending it twice to get it to go through once and users are are not happy.

JustFixit

What about a ~m before the number. This mark step may give you what you need to get the call to complete via ABV dial. -CL

There is no need to insert pauses in an abbr dial string.

Do a list trace stat #### (#### is a extension)

This will show you what ds1 the call is going out and exactly what the switch dialed. It will also show you what path the switch took through ARS to complete the call.

Check your ARS table for any errors. Do a "list ars route" & 10 digit number. The switch will tell you what ars match it made. From that you can see what partition group and route pattern the call went out from

Good Luck

My release of software dosn"t have trace stat (Ext) next releace maybe.

JustFixit

Check your routing patterns, perhaps your deleting 3 digits or your prefix marks are incorrect. It could be a COR thing with different time of day charts... I think you use time of day on R7 can't remember. It sounds like your deleting 3 digits somewhere...

In your ars field, rather than insert the area code twice, try inserting a different number, and confirm that its dialing that number... then this will tell you again, you're deleting digits somewhere.

Too bad you can't "list trace XXXX" that would be helpful.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back