Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abbr-Dial help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyMc509

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2001
US
I was looking at the Abbrev-Dial feature and the documentation shows that you can assign this to a button and not enter a dial code (DC) then you just hit the button and the Dc number from your list. This way you could dial any number on your personal list and it would only take up one button.
When I try to do this and hit enter, I get a message saying I have to assign a DC number to the button. Is there any way to not assign a DC code so this one button could be used to dial more than one number?
I would appreciate any suggestions
Thanks all

Hi,

why not just put the fac on an autodial?

Hope this helps,

Chris

I need a little more info. When you say put the FAC on the autodial, what does that mean? I thought FAC was using features through access codes such as "*2 to forward calls"

Hi Johnny,

I've just tried it and it works, ok first you see where the personal list 1 is on the station ("change station" page 3 - on mine thats list 3). Then you would check the FAC for abreviated dial list x (3 as in my example and the FAC in my case was #66) ) ("change feature" page 1). Then, on a spare button on the station you would assign it as an "autodial" with the number being #66 (as per the Feature Access Codes).

Then the user just needs to press that button and the 2 digit number.

Hope this helps,

Chris

p.s. if they are going to be uniform for all users then i have a better sugestion.

Thanks, I'll try this

P.S. I wish they would all use the same list!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back