Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abandoned POTS calls still ringing Hunt Group on BCM50

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleRhyme

Technical User
Mar 10, 2008
US
Hello all,
I have an issue with "abandoned calls" continuing to ring a HG after callers hang up. They are analog POTS lines and I set them up in the BCM as supervised and 600ohm....basic stuff.
The calls are answered by the AA and callers flow through the options from there. I don't see any setting in Call Pilot that would make a difference.

Could it be a patch issue?
The BCM50 is a r6 with what appears to be later patches:

System 022.201412-1
Desktop 005.201406-1

I'm going to call the telco and verify their settings today.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Those are the latest for system and desktop - SAMBA and UTPS are the only other 2 patches that you should have but are not related to the issue.

-Does it ring forever or timeout?
-Where does the call normally end up? a mailbox or another HG etc?

Testing (use monitor too) to see if the carrier has turned on DisconnectSupervision/CutoffOnDisconnect(COD)
-If you answer the call with a normal set and then the caller hangs up, will the call disconnect?
-If the caller hits AA (or a mailbox) then hangs up, how long until the call disconnects? if at all.

Maybe you need to play with "Loss package".

Maybe test the voltages on the lines.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Ok CurlyCord, i'm at customer location now.
No luck with the Telco on finding the 5ESS options, actually these lines go through a SLC.

Anyway.....see my answers below:

-Does it ring forever or timeout? [highlight #FCE94F]Rings forever or to the Info only MB[/highlight]
-Where does the call normally end up? a mailbox or another HG etc? [highlight #FCE94F]Normally goes to Info only MB[/highlight]

Testing (use monitor too) to see if the carrier has turned on DisconnectSupervision/CutoffOnDisconnect(COD)[highlight #FCE94F]How?[/highlight]
-If you answer the call with a normal set and then the caller hangs up, will the call disconnect? [highlight #FCE94F]YES[/highlight]
-If the caller hits AA (or a mailbox) then hangs up, how long until the call disconnects? if at all. [highlight #FCE94F]If someone hangs up before making a selection in the AA, it keeps the "line in use" and rings the attendant[/highlight]

Maybe you need to play with "Loss package"
[highlight #FCE94F]Will try this now[/highlight]

I can't seem to find any "diconnect timer" setting in the BCM....something to adjust the milliseconds???

Sidenote: Just found out that 3rd line does in fact disconnect properly if call is abandoned while ringing HG....doing a stare and compare right now.

Thanks!!

UPDATE:
Just tried every "loss package" and there's no change.
Lines work properly and disconnect when testing ahead of the system with butt set......now I'm thoroughly perplexed!

Is there a "disconnect timer" that can be adjusted for each line besides what's on the "properties" tab of the active outside lines?

diconnect timer"
Resources/TelephoneyResources/GATx / Trunk Module Parameters
Check each line there for matches since you say line 3 works.

Also check the HuntGroup/Line Assignment section, make sure they match too (no lines assigned since AA is in use)

Also since Line 3 works, frog it with line 2 or 4 and test to see if the problem follows or stays.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

When trying to get to disconnect timer, I go to Resources/TelephoneyResources and I'm using internal trunks so I select the " MAIN - GATI4" line and nothing opens below, just the spinning hourglass...only get the option to "disable" the module.

Just swapped lines 2 and 3...trouble followed. Put them back and now all 3 do it. I'm going to try and replicate this on a spare system in my office tomorrow.

You can "hear" the disconnect from the CO. Put a butt set on the line in monitor mode. A few seconds after the far ends hangs up you will hear a buzz as the disconnect signal is sent from the CO.

Marv ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back