Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abandoned calls: application vs skillset 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2008
US
I'm comparing skillset view and application view, the numbers do not always match. Could it be that the skillset view does not peg an abandoned call that has actually been abandoned because it has been directed to a rep already? therefore, the Application view is more accurate for true abandoned calls?

Are you looking at real time displays? Abandoned calls are calls where the caller hung up before the call was connected to an agent.

Typically, you would look at the application report or real time display for abandoned calls.

It is very rare for a call to be abandoned in a skillset. The only scenario when this will happen is if a caller hangs up while the agent's phone is ringing. Also a call can arrive at a skillset from more than one application and also a call can be re-presented if an agent regects it. This can lead to double counting.

For reporting purposes - It seem to me the application view is more accurate. I'm curious about the double counting... does this mean that a call can be counted more than once as being offered and therefore can inflate abandonment rate?

No it wont inflate the abandon rate if you take the figures from the application and not the skillset. It is only double counted in the skillset if the call has been returned to the queue and represented again. It is counted only the once in the application since it never leaves the application 'til the call is actually answered, abandoned, disconnected or routed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back