Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aastra phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountainbear

Programmer
Sep 27, 2009
CA
Does anyone have any information on any Aastra business phones or phone systems. I have been using Nortel for years and I am looking for something new to sell. I need sommething for small to medium size companies comparale to the CICS.

The more popular larger Aastra systems were formally Ericsson MD110/MX-One - check out the forum in the Wiring Closet.

I currently work on an old MD110 telephoney switch and I hear from our maintainer that the Aastra telephoney server product can now rival if not beat the Cisco product?

Think you may need to become a partner or something though????

Good equipment well worth investigating.

Allworx phone system is very easy to configure and sells at a great price point. Tech support is also good and they do step up when you need them to. We have started replacing CICS with the Allworx 6x and MICS with the Allworx 48x

@Yorkie9:

Q:
"I currently work on an old MD110 telephoney switch and I hear from our maintainer that the Aastra telephoney server product can now rival if not beat the Cisco product?
A:
Why not protect the customers investment?
Upgrade the MD110 to MX-ONE and add IP to the MD110.
I just won a bid case where the customer wanted to reuse 5000 Dialog 2661 phones installed to their current MD110.
Now they can re-use these phones and have the same well known facilities plus all the new facilities.
Technically:
From the MD110 remove the LPU5, LSU and GJUL boards.
Add a Linux server and LSU-E and IPLU.
Convert data -> and you have an up-to-data IP switch.

///doktor

I'd personally look at the Avaya SMB segment. There are many naysayers....but people with existing Nortel phones will be able to reuse them with IP Office 7. There are many, many businesses with Meridian and T series, even Nortel IP phones out there....that way you are a "green" vendor, providing reuse for an older product.

doktor, we have told the powers that be this but they seem intent on replacing it with possibly a Cisco solution so that we can get ripped off with Cisco licensing

We use the Aastra 9133i's and now the 57xx's (9133's discontinued) and possibly the most robust phones we have used.
Don't use the phone systems though.

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

I already migrated a customer using Norstar phones to an IP Office system, and they are totally satisfied with it. Works perfectly (better than 14xx phones), going to sell more of them.

--
A(PS|CI)S-SMEC
IT consultant
Canada / Quebec City area

Allworx needs to work on their keypad labeling, after about a year of use at a local dentist office, the numbers on the dialpad are fading and disappearing with human use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back