Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aastra 6731i Factory Resetting by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

dig123456789

Technical User
Aug 18, 2015
US
I've had this happen many times where a users phone will lose all its programming. I have to go in and re-provision it. It seems to happen overnight.

Any ideas?

Hi

Have you got the config file set to check the software server on an overnight schedule, so it is over-writing the handset settings, as the missing settings are not in the config file?

best parnum

Yes it checks overnight but the settings are on the server, after a reboot the phone pulls the correct config. It usually works, issue only happens randomly to individual handsets. Even if the server was unavailable at the time of the check shouldn't it have the old settings saved in nvram?

Yes it always has the current config in it to function and doesn't update if the sw server is not available. I can only assume it may be either a firmware fix at a later version if you are not at it, or if it's the same handset batch each time, it's a faulty batch and you need to raise the issue with your ASP/Mitel (I have had that before)

best parnum

Thank you, I will try latest firmware I see there is a slightly newer one but it looks promising from release notes. I have a capture server side from the time when one of the phones barfs. I can see it got the provisioning file during it's nightly pull window. It dies right after getting the phone book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back