Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AAMS with Mediagateway G650 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseAntonio_2001

Programmer
Feb 20, 2023
CO
hello,

I am implementing an AAMS platform, in a network where I have
CM_Duplex/SM/SMGR/ASBCE, on VMWARE, version 8.1.x
As Mediagateway we have a G650, with two cabinets.
With the following Control interfaces
01A01 IP SERVER INTFC TN2312BP HW36 FW058
01A03 CONTROL-LAN TN799DP HW01 FW045
01A04 VAL-ANNOUNCEMENT TN2501AP HW16 FW024
01A14 IP MEDIA PROCESSOR TN2302AP HW20 FW122

Currently there are still many analog telephones and as trunking they operate with Tres E1 R2.
Ip telephones there are around two hundred and fifty

You want to gradually migrate the solution to having only IP and change the Mediagateway G650 for G450

At the moment, I carried out the deploy and configuration of the AAMS, in all its recommended configurations against the CM and SMGR.

I have isolated the AAMS to a special IP-network-region, which I share with a phone for testing.

When carrying out a Laboratory scenario, I observe that at the internal calls level, the extensions access the AAMS,
Giving the initial voice resources, I find it works.

When wanting to access a service that involves trunking, in this case the E1 R2, the system always gives me the MEDPRO resources.

As a test, place the MEDPRO Busy. I did the same laboratory, but the system tells me that there are no resources available.

I have looked for information that guides me to know where the problem is, but I have not found it yet.

With your experiences, has this happened to you???
I appreciate your comments

The medpro in the G650 will provide all IP to TDM conversion for TDM resources in the G650. It's working as designed while the G650 is still in the mix.

-CL

Hello
lopes1211, thank you for your timely response.

To understand this scenario a little better,
I assume that in environments where there is AAMS and MediaGateway (G430,450 or G650), and analog Extensions or analog trunks are involved, These extensions or trunks will always use for the conversion, the DSP resources of each Mediagateway.

Different from the scenario being totally IP (Both extensions and trunks), where the resources will be delivered by the AAMS.

Yes, and Yes. But replace the word "analog" with "TDM" to be more accurate/proper. In an all IP environment, the AAMS will handle any/all DSP requirements.

-CL

Again, thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge in these spaces.

The concept of AAMS functioning within a mix network is already clearer to me.

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back