Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AAM Login that allows only for Password reset 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

1a22ip

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
US
I need to give Help desk agents ability to change Voice mail passwords. Anyone have a way to create a AAM login to only allow only password resets?

Thanks in Advance
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

System Manager, yes. AAM, no. You have web access masks in there where you can control AAM logins only getting to certain sub-pages, like user management, but you can't restrict it to only passwords in user management but not, say, changing the mailbox class of service. SMGR can.

Thanks for the quick reply! I don't have access to AAM Via System manager. Is there a wat to get this through System manager?
BTW here's some pink for the quick reply

1a2 to ip I seen it all

well, add AAM as a managed element to it. So, in AAM, make a "trusted server" of name "smgr" and password "whatever" with the SMGR IP. You can use that to point SMGR to AAM to grab its config.

In SMGR, under "admnistrators" you can build out granular permissions. You can make sure they can't add/delete mailboxes, only change existing. Not sure if you can avoid people being able to change the password but not class of service - poke around.

And, I hope you're on latest SMGR/AAM. There's an "enhancement" in there where when clicking on a user, it grabs it's mbx state live from AAM. It didn't do that in 6.3 and only sync'd at night.

To say, if you locked out after 4am and phoned in a ticket to your helpdesk, AAM's webpage would show the mbx locked, SMGR would show "locked? no!". Upon saving the page with a new password and the lock parameter not changing, SMGR would save the new password but with the lock state having not changed, it didn't unlock it. You'd have to lock the mbx and then unlock+change password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back