Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AAfD over SBCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjm23

Technical User
Jul 1, 2020
PH
Hello Experts, I recently got my remote worker setup running using IX Workplace. Since we also have CC agents, I am deploying AAfD as well. I am able to register them but still got issues.

1. PPM is not working thus feature buttons are unavailable. I assume my configs are correct since PPM works with IX Workplace so I am baffled why it is not working with AAfD. Any suggestions?
2. Calls are getting disconnected every 30 seconds. Based from experience this may be a signaling issue but this only happens with AAfD as well. I dont have issues when using Workplace.

I have the latest the version of AAfD installed. What else should I need to check? The trace looks normal except that the CM constantly sends back OK message to the SM before the call gets disconnected.

AAfD_ufdlxb.jpg

CM send the 200 OK multiple times because it doesn’t get the ACK. And as per design, after 30 seconds CM will disconnect. So that covers the 30 seconds part.

It seems to me the 200 OK never reaches the aafd client and therefor doesn't sent the ACK. I suspect this is the case (i am not sure) because I see a register coming in too. I am not sure that the register is coming from the same client so perhaps you have multiple devices registered on the same account?

Freelance Certified Avaya Aura Engineer

I am actually logged in to just one device. Not sure where that register message comes from but it comes in after the call is disconnected.

You added your root certs to the app and set the proper PPM secure mode in the settings section?

-CL

yup. added system manager root CA and set PPM to https.

Does the aafd client work directly on SM?

Yes, works perfectly fine when directly registered to SM

Hmm, I am not what do advise. Make good traces and search for a difference. I have set this up a few times myself with no issues.

Could this be a license issue? I just realized that I am using the demo licenses for AAfD. Seems like I am unable to access my internal WebLM via Reverse Proxy.

So here's how I set it up:
1. Opened up port 52233 bi-directional to my B2 public IP.
2. Setup Reverse Proxy going to WebLM internal IP.
3. I then set my License server URL to the same format I am using internally: IP>:52233/WebLM/LicenseServer.

Am I doing it correctly?

It should run in a 30 day grace period so no, that can’t be an issue as far as I know.

And your approach is fine. tracesbc with http on will give you clearance on why that does not work. Do you use a valid certificate?

Thanks. Just making sure. :) But is my license server URL format correct? Should it be the same format like when I am logging in my AAfD via the internal network? I just need to change the IP?

Yes I see a valid certificate.

Yes the format is the same. Ok, so cert is ok. En what does the tracesbc say about the https message? do you see anything?

I just checked my WebLM reverse proxy and I configured the wrong B2 IP. My bad. License works now. Still working on why calls are getting disconnected.

Ok, thats good. But even without license you should be good to go. What about your windows firewall, or your anti virus / intenet security? Can you disbale that for a moment and test?

It stll seems packages do not reach the client.

yup, already did. what AAfD version are you using?

thats the same version i am using. its really weird. i thought it has got something to do with my home network but I asked my colleague to try it in his place and he also encountered the same thing.

What about the client logs? You should be able to get some info from the client!

Yup, already checked those as well. Didn't see those 200 OK messages reaching the AAfD. Sounds weird but now sure why that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back