Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AACC Upgrading problem with patch packet 1020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radero0000

Technical User
Nov 15, 2007
MD
Hi

We are upgrading our server AACC from Aura 6.1 to 6.2 sp5.

The first step from 6.1 to 6.2 went ok

then we started to apply the patches
first one 1015:eek:k
The second one 1020 had problems, when trying to install the first patch: AvayaAura_CCCC_6.2.205.51-0299:patch.msi. This is part of a Common components. Server hangs up and no way to keep going on with other patches. So we have AACC upgraded to 6.2 .205 and only 1015 patch package (6.2.205.50 rollup patch)

The same upgrading on the CCMM server was ok with all patches.

We have an AACC backup server (same machine), without restoring our database from the main AACC the upgrade was ok, but after restored the DB we had the same problem at the same point.

Any idea?

Thank you

You are installing the patches via Patch Manager I assume?

Sorry, you most likely already know this but your support to create a folder on the CCMS, dump all your patches in the folder then go to patch manager, point to the folder and install...

Here is the order the patches were installed on one of our servers

CCCC_6.2.205.0-0474_ServicePack
CCCC_6.2.205.50-0301_RollupPatch
CCCC_6.2.205.51-0299_Patch
CCCC_6.2.205.56-0332_Patch

First of all thank you for answering me.

I did exactly as you wrote, so unzipped the file in a directory on the aacc and then via Patch manager started upgrading following the sequence as written on the avaya's pdf and as you suggest as well.

Repeat again on the ccmm worked all good, on the aacc we had problem with the CCCC_6.2.205.51-0299_Patch.

We do think is something wrong with the database, and do you know why? we had on another twin server the same db but on this one the db is stopped at the half of dicember 2011. On this aacc all patched went fine.

Of course if we put this old one on line we have to manually upgrade all the changes from dicember till now, and i am talking about skillset,private template, users, etc...

Here is what I would do, I would backup your database and restore it on your backup server which you've already patched and put the backup server in production. Once you confirm that the backup server is working as it should then rebuild your primary server. Do you have a support contract with Avaya? If so I would open a case with them, if you don't then I would do the above.

we already did what you last wrote. That was a database backupped from 6.1 version and when restored on the server already patched we had a popup saying something like we had to remove all the sp and patches, restore the db and then apply again all the upgrade. As i said before, at this point we had the same error like in the primary server.

An idea could be that now on the main AACC we are with 6.2 (with just first step of patches), so if we do a backup i suppose that while restoring on the patched server, maybe we won't be asked for rolling back in the version.

I am doing all this with Avaya's italian assistance, just trying to help them, because all this is quite strange for them as well.

Ciao

About my previos idea I have a question for you:

Is it mandatory that the db backup and the db restore have to be done with the same version of AACC till last patch?

I mean in my case the backup is done with 6.2 and one set of patches, the restore will be done on a server fully patched.

I do know there are some Microsoft hotfixes which must be installed for 'large MSI install files'.

I'm not sure exactly which they are but a quick check online could be done.

Speaking of MS hotfixes, is your server loaded with the latest approved Avaya approved hotfixes and ONLY the approved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back