Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AACC 6.4 integration with external database hermes vocalcom for AAAD screen pop-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

optman10

Technical User
Sep 10, 2013
MA
Hi all
We are running CM 6.3 with AACC 6.4 through SIP integration, all work good, the customer has external database Hermes Vocalcom for agent screen pop and filling a customers data.
He want to integrate this database with AACC, so when the agents receives calls through AAAD on their PC, an automatic screen-pop must be shown based on this Hermes database, then the agent has to fill a customer data but is not updating on the database.
Please if someone has already integrate external third party database with AACC don't hesitate to help me.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Would you please clarify if some or all of the screen-pop setup is already done and not working correctly or you are looking for guidance on setting it up.

We use AAAD installed on agents PC, and we have configured an URL pointing to the web interface (based on SQL Database, so if agents receive calls the screen pop-up within AAAD display automatically, agent can fill data into this interface but when he finish the call no thing is updating on the database.
I think we need to configure some links between AACC and SQL, please can someone confirm us ?

Thank you

If the call information is populating the web page, then the AACC Agent Desktop piece is done and the issue is getting the web page to save (by agent action or automatically). Even though the page is brought up within AAAD, the web page is responsible for saving the information.

Yes correct, but I think there is no full communication between AACC and this external Database SQL, may be we need some other link between these two entity.
There is no link configured between AACC and SQL Database.
Has someone already configure this ?

Thanks & regards

I have done this several times. The link is the desktop. The desktop is talking to AACC and to the database (via web page). The web page being filled out by the agent handles saving data to SQL/Hermes. No need for further integration between SQL and AACC as AACC is not aware of what the agent is entering on the web page. The AACC Agent Desktop is merely a container to hold the web page (and pass data through URL address).

Thanks for your email, but is not working, Scenario details are not getting passed to the Hermes server as expected . This has never worked , new installation . Agent get the 2nd call but the pop-up remains with the previous details entered.

Understood. Please speak with the developer of the web page that is filled in. Your issue is not with AACC nor Agent Desktop. Your issue is the save function for Hermes. The only assistance I can offer is to say the web page needs a save/submit button or an automatic save when the next call comes in. Again, a function of the web page, not AACC.

Good Luck!

many thanks effort1584, yesterday I have check with developper of Hermes/SQL and he confirm that there is no need of any developpement from Avaya side as you said, the only changes must be done on SQL/Hermes side.
After his changes I will test this today and come back to you.

This is only for Inbound calls, I have another question regarding the Outbound calls, so now the customer use the complete Hermes solution for either outbound or inbound calls, we plan to remove only PBX server of Hermes and replace it with Avaya (CM + AACC)by keeping the same database that they have (SQL/web server), So I don't have idea about outbound Compaign how it will work ?
It will be based on AACC or SQL database ? how the integration will be done, is it the same as we did for inbound, just copy the URL ?
Where the call lists will entered (AACC or SQL) ?

Thank you so much

I appreciate your feedback

Regards

Outbound Campaigns can import data from a database or a flat file. The flat file is typically out of the database and used because you want some changes or control before it gets to AACC. While technically you can enter data directly into AACC for outbound campaigns, it is meant for testing or modifying.

A campaign will be setup with hours, run dates, rules (preview/progressive), dialing configuration, and disposition codes (where the agent indicates the status of the call like No Answer, Busy, etc.).

As a part of the campaign setup you import the calls and assign skillsets and priorities to the calls (can all be the same).

The screen pops will work the same as Inbound.

I apreciate your response,
The screen pop-up is working now, but I have another question regarding historical reporting, the data filling by the agents through AAAD on screen pop-up are automatically saving on external database (SQL).
Now the customer want to link between the two reports (SQL and AACC reports), is there any way to push historical reporting data from AACC to the external SQL database ??

Thank you

You could pull it into SQL, I have done that in a couple of instances. However it is best to first consider link the data. You would do this by storing the CallID and DateTime in the SQL database. Then reports could be written that used data from both databases (and there would be no duplication). The ease of access to the CallID is very related to the version of AACC. If you are on a fairly new version that is patched to SP13 or SP15 then this is quite easy to add to the string in the URL and the database/web folks could add it to the SQL database.

Thank you I apreciate your help
Please let me know if you have any procedure to do this link between SQL and AACC, I have some confusion.

Thank you

This is basically like connecting to SQL with Access or Excel. The best way to get a feel for the process is by going into the Outbound tool and creating a new outbound campaign. It will want to know the ODBC DSN (setup in Windows on the server). There are just too many pieces to put in here to provide adequate detail of exact steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back