Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AACC 6.2 Installation question

Status
Not open for further replies.

barzakh

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2008
CA
Hi all
one of my customers currently have CC6 CCMA and CCMS on separate servers. I'm going to be upgrading their system to AACC 6.2 but as per customer request, they have provided me with the exactly same servers so that I can stage the AACC 6.2 and simply swap the hard drives instead of upgrading the production servers. This measure is being taken by the customer so in case there are any issues during the upgrade they can simply roll back to CC6 using the older Hard drives. I'm going to these this in the lab soon but wondering if someone has done this before?
The production CCMS server is exactly the same that is given to me for staging.

would appreciate any input

Thanks
Barzakh

How is this going? I'm planning on going CC7 to AACC 6.2 the same way you described.

The only issue that I can think of that you may run into is the license file, if it's a non SIP deployment I think you should be ok as the license file should be cut with the serial number of the PBX rather then the MAC address of the servers. Worst case if it doesn't work then I would have a plan B do just swap the entire server. Personally I would switch the entire server but realize that it may not be possible, the good thing is if it doesn't work you just "POP" the old drives in and they are back on their previous version.

yes it's a non sip so hopefully it should be ok.

I will test this in the lab and see how it goes and let you guys know too.

Thanks
barzakh

So that I understand what you are doing. 1) You will be shutting down the server where CCMS 6.0 is running. 2) you will replace the hard drives with new ones. 3) Fire the server back up and install AACC 6.2 on the new hard drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back