Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AA won't stop answering 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdifs

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
US
I am having a bit of an issue here. I tried the suggestions in the other threads I have found, but I am still stumped.

Our automated attendant won't stop answering the phones. We are having our lines transfer to an outside service on the 4th ring. But our automated attendant is still picking up. Night service is turned off (I even scheduled us to be open 24 hours/day).

All lines are un-assigned to the AA.

I restarted the system and it worked properly once. Then we called it again 5 minutes later and our AA is answering again.

According to the settings, there is no reason for the AA to answer.

How can I stop it?

Thanks.

Rob

Un assigned all lines from ext 76, 78, 79.

Our AA is still answering.

76 is the internal modem. Also exactly how do calls "transfer" out of the system. If your system forwards the call then you are using one line for the incoming call and an additional line for the forward. Two lines.

Maybe your telephone company is recalling the call and routing to a second destination?

Is it really your automated attendant message that is playing, or "Transferring your call" and then it rings at Ext. 10?

Assuming that it is the AA greeting, #206-7-(Line Number)-2 disables the lines from being directed to the AA

The other settings are:

#506-(1=Day/2=Night)-(Line Number)-(Number of Rings from 0 to 6)
#507-(Line Number)-(1=Always/2=Day Only/3=Night Only)

Ok, that (group 7) solved the auto attendand answering. Thank you.

Yes, the telco re-routes the call after 4 rings to an external answering agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back