Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AA Top level Business Closed not dropping calls after message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinos

Technical User
Nov 5, 2014
BW
Hi all.

I have AA top level auto attendant which works fine for business open.
When business is closed callers are presented with the business closed message and afterwards it transfers to the operator.
I would like the call to be dropped after the business is closed message. How can I set it up that way?

3300 MxeIII / MIVB release 8 embedded voicemail.

What mailbox type is providing the CLosed AA announcement?

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Announcement was uploaded on Auto Attendant Greeting -> Business Closed. I cannot tell what mailbox type that is. I think its the menu node.

Ok, so that's the main auto attendant.
My trick to "drop calls" is to make a IP Device Only extension that will stay out of service (no physical IP set pinned, takes up no license) and send the call there. However by using the main AA, if I'm not mistaken (been a while, using NuPoint since a couple of years), the only way you have to change where the call goes is with Day/Night service or Business Hours Schedule.
If it's possible in your setup, I would make a Business Hours Schedule specifically for your operator's extension and reroute it to a OOS IP Device Only during night hours.
Then if you switch to night service along with the business closed message and your schedule follow the same hours, it should drop the call.

All of this is theorical, didn't try it myself with embedded VM.

Be warned that caller will be redirected to a busy tone/message but it will keep the callers outside your voicemail structure.

Someone else could chime in with a cleaner solution but I don't know of any clean hangup option outside NuPoint Call Director.

We always use a RAD (Recorded Announcement Device)as a business closed message. By putting the RAD into a voice hunt group the call will be dropped.

There is only one way to properly disconnect calls with EMEM.
The Menu node boxes have an option that you can configure to disconnect after playing the instructions three times.
The option can be accessed via the mailbox TUI configuration menu. Wait till the end.

In later releases, there is not much difference between the main AA and menu node when it comes to features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back