Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AA Saying Invalid Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpmol

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
We have a customer with a BCM400 and at random times, when a caller enters in the extension number in the Auto Attendant, they are getting "Invalid Extension"

What could be causing this? We were wondering if the caller is on two calls and their intercoms are occupied, would this cause this?

It comes from the telephone at the far end entering the digits, could be from a cell phone.The system is not seeing all the digits or incorrect digits.

Testing is best done using a pots line and a touch tone phone.

So is there a resolution at all?

Keep a log and ask questions to the people that are having problems most likely cell phones.

Could be a noisy line, try and find a common denominator.

Also is it the extension that have 2 or 3 of the same digits,

222,223 etc...

If so change is extension to lets say 234 that way the person sending the digits will have to move their finger to another digit.

I seem to recall there was a patch for a problem with digits not being recognized through the AA. Is your system patched to the current level?

Make sure a mail box is assigned to each extension being dialed thru AA. There may be a patch to fix this, but you could always assign a MB to an extension and then not call forward it to vm.
I had to do this on a 3.7 BCM 400.

My failure through the AA and CCR was due to a customer calling the Flash or BCM CP via an IP line to the system also on an IP service. Never had a failure from a POTS or true T1/PRI just failed on these new dynamic services. My customers had a cable modem (axis box) from Brighthouse. After months got to Brighhouse engineering and found they had a patch for the modem named "dtmf patch". Applied and both my Norstar Flash and BCM 50 customer's customers can now work the AA and CCR. Food for thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back