Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AA Problem with Embedded VMail

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinTMI

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
I have created an AA and recorded my greetings under *8101, *8201, *8301 (All the same greetings.)

Created Time Profile

"Open" Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
"Closed" Monday to Friday 5:01pm to 8:59am
"Weekend" Saturday Sunday 12:00am to 11:59pm

In the AA
Morning Time Profile "Open" Recording Name "None" Shortcode *8101
Afternoon Time Profile "Closed" Recording Name "None" Shortcode *8201
Evening Time Profile "Weekend" Recording Name "None" Shortcode *8301
Menu Options Blank Recording Name "None" Shortcode *8401

During the day everything works as it is suppose to.

Afterhours The VMail picks up has a 10s blank gap "you hear dead air" then "AA says "nobody is available to take your call please leave a message"

Why is it now playing any type of greeting afterhours

Justin

Check the System Status to see where the call goes to.
I guess it comes into a Vmail Box (someone left deadair in the personal greeting. So check which mailbox it goes to, then rercord that mailbox. You might need to give the user a Vxxx (xxx is the mailbox number) in the sourcenumber to access that mailbox.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Can't tell from your post, but remember, you cannot 'span' days. So for your 'closed- monday thru fiday', you need two entries, one for 5:01 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. and another from 12:00 a.m. to 8:59 a.m. The same for weekend.

franke, you are right! I hate this and they do not want to fix it. It is a "design intend" and they will not fix it!
Too bad...

They will not fix it as it makes sense as is, if they didn't make you do this people would be overlapping time profiles and allsorts of sillyness :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

And then when they finally have fully messed up the system they start to complain "why is ip office so poor designed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back