Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AA for certain Lines 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjbuechler

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2001
US
I figure this is probably a stupid question but is it possible to have the AutoAttendent pick up certain lines?

I have two 1-800 numbers that come into 10 lines....each number rings on 5 of those (1st one takes lines 1-5 and the 2nd takes 6-10). All of these ring at the receptionist's desk. We want to know if we can get the AA to pick up the 2nd's calls instead of them going to the receptionist.

Am I going about this the wrong way? How does one handle two companies on the same phone system?

1st set of lines(2 thru 5) AA - table#1
2nd st of lines(7 thru 10) AA - table #2

or better let all teh lines be answerd by the AA and let the callers 0-out if they need the operator

First:
Get the true line number from reception set by pressing Feature * 0 then press the lines and it will show the true line number on the display.

F983
Login
AA
LINES
Set your line to AA or Y
Set the rings to 0

Thank you so much for the information. I took a look and thats exactly what I needed to do. I'll put in place today after lunch.

One more question...Right now if someone is in either table and hits 0 they go back to my receptionist. I'd like it changed so that if they are in table 1 and hit 0 they get the receptionist and if they are in table 2 and hit 0 they get another ext. Is that even possible?

Thanks again

Each table can have its own attendant ...but if nothing is specified the feature 982 attendant takes over

You might have to make that second operator the control set for those lines. You will need to go into SERVICES then COMMON SETTINGS then CONTROL SETS for lines. This will allow you to control when that operator wants to put it into nights. Believe you have to set up 2 tables one for company A and one for COmpany B. Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the help everyone. Its all working fine now....apart from the fact that my receptionist is bored since half her calls are now being handled by the AA. :)

One last question rather than create a whole new thread for...

I have lines:
1-4 on tree 1, 6 rings to AA pick up
5-10 on tree 2, 0 rings to AA pick up

BUT lines 1-4 pickup after 3 rings instead of 6.

I checked the DN(221) and it isn't set to forward on busy or no answer. It is in P/U group 1 and three other phones ring when the recptionist desk rings so they know a call is coming in.

Where else do I need to change the number of rings so lines 1-4 get picked up after 6 rings??

Thanks again to everyone that helpped me with changing the AA before.

what is your redirect number of rings setup as ?
it is probably 3 and the lines 1 thru 4 are primed to the Voicemail

unprime the lines 1 thru 4, then try

Thanks for the suggestion. I went into Configuration, Line Data, and changed the Prime Set to None for lines 1 through 4. I hope that was what you had meant. (sorry, still a newbie)

Still rings three times and then AA picks up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back