Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AA and silent ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

capiman

Technical User
Sep 13, 2008
I have a callpilot and when an outside caller calls in it rings at the operator phone ( ext 11 ). It rings twice then AA picks up and then it goes to a CCR. I have it set like this so I can get CLID. But is there a way to silent the ring or have it light up on the phone instead? Also I'm concerned if the outside caller hits 0 or ext 11 or if somebody internally calls them by their ext I would like to have it ring like normal on the phone because it means they want to talk to them directly. Is this possible?

Just make the incoming line Ring Only on DN 11. This will not effect internal zero out calls.

Adversity is Opportunity

Thanks Deweyhumbolt. I'm not technically strong at all with Callpilot nor the Norstar phones. I guess currently it appears to have been set up to have it ring on all incoming lines? How can one go to check what it's set as and where and how can I change it like you're suggesting?

Excuse me I meant Appear Only.

You need to get into configuration programming.

Ftr**config, password, Terminals & Sets or Configuration (depending on s/w level), than enter 11, make all lines being answered by AA, Appear Only.

Adversity is Opportunity

I'm curious about how the phone system works, so how does the system differentiate between an incoming call ( Appear Only ), an internally transferred call to ext11 and a caller hits 0? ( Ring )

It knows, listen to the ring cadence, there different.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back