Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamnavulin

Programmer
Nov 14, 2002
GB
Guys,

Have just purchased what were sold to me as M2616s for my option 11c.

When I try to configure them, the report themselves as being A2008. which I have never heard of.

The phone looks like a M2616, it has 16 buttons (all work) and is labelled underneath as an M2616.

Has anyone come across this before. Whats the difference?

Hello.
a 2008 has 8 programmable key's
multiple DN capability
the bottom key is Key 0 and is always used as the PRIME DN
key's 1-7 can be programmed with additional features or additional DN's..if the display module is fitted the top key (7)
will always be used for programming the display
pretty much the same as 2616 but with fewer buttons,,i.e 8 not 16..

Colin

Proberly you allready configured a 2008 on that port. To change it you need to remove de set first.
On a Meridian you can change all te phone parameters exept the type and TN.

Good luck

No guys, these were configured on fresh ports that had NOT been configured previously.

The phoned have 16 buttons and are labeled as M2616s NOT 2008s, I am aware of the differences between the two!

On the fresh port, when the phone is lifted off hook to configure it, A2008 briefly flashes on the screen, before MODEL(20) is displayed.

I have never come across this before and wish to enquire about the A2008!

Tnks.

What happen if you type in ld 32

IDU (tn XXXXX) ?

Wolfi

1- Never heard of such a thing, but I do agree with gerrald delete this TN (out) and reinstall it again and enter the right model Type type 2616

Req new
Type 2616
TN …. AND SO ON

2- Take the phone and plug it where an existing and functional m2616 installed in you company and see what happens

3- If not print the TNB and post it

ARIES TN 004 0 00 02
TN ID CODE: A2008
NT CODE: NT2K08AB
COLOR CODE: 93
RLS CODE: 01
SER NUM: 654321

I don´t know what to say ,maybe the motherboard inside is of an equiment AAstra 2008.

Do you have any other 2616's on site that work properly? What you may want to do is try putting one of those verified good 2616's on the TN to narrow the problem down to the teleset itself. It is possible the 2616 has the wrong board inside. Although I have not heard of an A2008. Most of Nortel's phones begin with an M

Mike

Could this possibly be a phone for a Norstar system? I've been told that there is a digital set for the Norstar that looks very much like the 2616 digital sets for the Meridian.

Norstar phones won't work on a meridian pbx and none of them look alike. If it works like a 2616 it must be a 2616.

Yeah, we have about fifty M2616 and M2616D's working fine on site.

This is a weird one, perhaps we will not find out what the difference is!

I think Meridian digital phones must have small flash memory
for information about TN ID CODE etc
I think this flash has wrong information
But phone can work properly
If so Don't worry about it

Here's the problem. MODEL 20 is an Option 11 message only. The phones you've built aren't where the actual phone is punched down. The phone is physically punched down on a port that doesn't have anything programmed on it. You can enter a "Set Template number" and the DN you want to use and the phone becomes live.

The phone you're pinging (IDUing) is on a different TN.

Re-check the phone to make sure its punched down in the proper location.

Hope this helps.

Kris

When you IDU the phone, does the SN in the IDU responce
match the SN on the bottom of the phone?

acewarlock

Yes, the serial numbers match. Ie the phones are punched down where i think they are.

Kristiandg

You are missing the point I am making slightly. The issue is not that the ports are unconfigured, the issue is that the phones that I think are M2616s are reporting themselves as A2008s to the system. The phone that I am pinging IS the one that I think I am.

Thanks for the responses so far Guys.

T

I'm not missing the point. If you pick up the phone and it says MODEL 20? on the screen, it is on a TN that is open. Thats the nature of an Option 11.

Kris

Then how is he IDUing the phone if the TN the phone is on is open?

There may be corruption on the port in the switch. But the MODEL 20? message is an option 11 message for customer init of new telephones.

Try using another port.

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back