Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A1008008 - Please confirm fast shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

unixfreak

ISP
Oct 4, 2003
GB

Ey-up...

I accidentally hit panel 08 on a p510 which means it now wants me to confirm a "fast shutdown". Anyone know how to cancel this?

Thanks

Is there no 'Cancel' or 'No' option?

Though I suppose if you're asking there isn't?

Perhaps kill the process from another session?

Clutching at straws here, sorry.....

Mmm... This is not a process.

On the front of p510 (and other p5s) there is a flip-down operator panel. If you go to menu to (using the up and down arrows) and change "N" to "M" (M=Manual mode) you get extra menus incl. 08 and the very useful 30.

08 tells the Service processor to power off the system but because this is quite drastic it requires confirmation by going into the 08 menu again.

I've never actually done this so I don't know if the action of actually just entering 08 will power down or if I get a choice of cancelling it. I'm not going to take the risk...

I phoned the IBM field engineer that covers our p5 systems but he didn't know. I better call IBM and log a call...

Thanks anyway

Ok, IBM says it's stuck somehow. I have to power it off.

Thanks anyway

Hi,

I just got a p510. How do you power it off from the control panel? what is the function code?

Thanks,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back