Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a00084f9 HEX 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanson1973

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
I am getting several backup failing due to a00084f9 HEX
errors. The reason and help from Veritas is untrue and horrid to say the least. They chalk it up to NIC teaming...well..I am not teaming the NIC's. Anyone else having these issues?

Hey Man, did you find anything else out about this error?!?!!? Veritas website sucks!
Any information you can provide me would be nice.... So I don't have to get in their all day queue!!

Thanks

I finally got it working for my remote sites. I went through the registry changes, assigning it to a specific NIC card, setting the switches routers and NIC cards to 100 full duplex, on and on and on..... What I found was a router that was dropping packets due to not having enough ram for buffering. When the buffer filled it would simply drop packets. This is OK for most IP traffic but with BE 9.0 they use the Network Data Management Protocol, which is very unforgiving when it comes to dropped packets. So if you are having the communications error while trying to back up remote sites, do some really heavy analyzing of your equipment in route to those sites.

I had a customer that recently installed Veritas Backup Exec 9.0. Since that time, they would routinely get an error backup one of their Windows 2000 servers. The error would remain the, but it would happen on different servers on a nightly basis. After fighting with Veritas a good length of time, they finally admitted that there was a communication issues with their product. It seems that the Media Server would attempt the talk to the Remote Agents on a Port that it already had open but had not closed. To resolve this issue they had me make the following changes on the Media Server.

Bring up the Backup Exec console. Once this is up select the following: Tools -> Options. In the Options window, select Network. Check the boxes associated with Enable Media Server TCP Dynamic Range and Enable Remote Agent TCP Dynamic Range. Also modify the ports used for each of these. Under Enable Media Server TCP Dynamic Range enter 12000 - 15000. Under Enable Remote Agent TCP Dynamic Range use 16000 - 19000. These ranges may need to increased if you are backing up more than one client at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back